Friday, October 10, 2008


My friends and I went to "The Melting Pot" last. It's a high-end fondue restaurant. Now, I'm not a drinker....period. However, everyone was trying different martini's and they talked me into choosing one. (Ya don't like it....I'll drink it!). So I opted for a Pomegranate Cosmo.....citrus vodka, pomegranate liqueur, pomegranate juice and cranberry juice. OMG! It was delicious. I usually take a few sips of whatever drink and pass it on.....I drank it all except the last 1/2 inch at the bottom! Woke up with the mother of all headaches *ouch*. Of course, I tasted everyone elses drinks as well...these included the "love" martini (yuck-strawberry), carmel apple martini (okay), yin yang (they make a ying yang on top with chocolate, was pretty good!), the chocolatini (so so), and the french hawaiian (yuck!). 90 bucks worth of drinks later......(only 4 of us ?!?!?!?!). Food...yes...we had food...appetizers were breads, veggies and fruit to dip into spinach artichoke fondue and cheese fondue. Dinner was platters of lobster tail, shrimp, bbq pork, filet mignon, chicken, and more veggies. Dessert...now...that was a treat (not that ALL this food wasn't yummy!). We had one pot of chocolate peanut butter fondue and one pot of Smores (chocolate, marshmallow creme sprinkled with graham cracker crumbs). For dessert dipping there was pound cake, fruit, cheesecake, rice krispie treats, brownies. I'm a thinking I gained AT LEAST 10 pounds last night!


Here is another of my scrapping pages....the flower was from Carena's "Alex" kit, found on ScrapbookMAX, the word art from http://elegantwordart2.blogspot.com/ and the paper is from DigiKeepsakes by Monica Evans (grunge paper). I love the simplicity. Hope you do too!
TTFN

No comments: