Tuesday, April 21, 2009

CT Calls

So I decided to check around and see what CT calls really entail. Here's what I have found so far.

Enable: A lot of the designers ask you to enable their kits on certain websites and on your blog. This means (I believe) that you promote their kits (okay, easy enough). You also, say if someone is looking for that perfect tropical kit and the designer has one, suggest that kit for those peeps! What a grand and very easy idea!!

They ask you to send you a link to your most complete gallery and 1-3 of your favorite layouts (depending on the designer). My tendancy, when I create, is to use several kits. I'll start out with one and think, that flower in the other kit would go perfect right here! Well, get out of that frame of mind. You can do so occasionally but concentrate on working with one designer's kit for your layout.

Short bio: I have since learned my bio is a little too short (okay, I've only answered 1 CT call, didn't make it...see why in the paragraph above :P). Let them know a little about you, kids, pets, etc. but also tell them about your digi scrapping. When did you get started and why? What intrigues you? Do you work with hybrid? Things that would make them take a 2nd look at what you can REALLY do!!!

Last but not least, they ask to promote them on your blog. This means keeping your blog up to date. Feel free to post your layouts, but also, maybe review the kit you used, all the things that were good about it. Well, I'm thinking I don't do this, but I will be starting. I think I would be good on a creative team but I have soooo much to learn. I'm thinking that I'm writing this blog today more for me...to ingrain it in my brain as to what I need to do. Well, I'm off to try and put my name in for a CT.

TTFN and good luck if you try out on ANY CT calls (there are several going on at ScrapMatters right now!)

No comments: