Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Heather...Dirty Feet Designs is....

back...and I'm so excited!!! She's had a rough time for the last several weeks but came back with a designer bang!! Here is her new kit to be released on Friday, September 4 at Scrap Matters..."Dream in Color"....gorgeous!!

Here is my layout, "Kissie Face - Mommy and Jackson"

Just a hint in working with layouts...in this one I blended 2 papers to make the one I used for the background. All you have to do is either change the opacity of the top paper or use your layers palette and play with the types of layers...I usually use soft light or overlay but have used hard light in the past.

For the photo I added a "hue/saturation" layer and desaturated the photo till there was very little color. I then added a second "hue/saturation" level and checked the colorize box in the lower right hand corner. I then used a soft light to just make it only slightly red but still bring the soft colors of the original photo through. Have fun playing!!!

TTFN!

No comments: